Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Oh Give Thanks


Autumn is my FAVORITE time of the year! 
I love all things FALL! 
Cooler Weather 
Leaves Changing Colors and Falling to the ground
Christmas Music Playing 
(yep... it plays in our house from October through January) 
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Spiced Candles Burning 
Oh... and of course Autumn Decorations. 

I LOVE decorating our new home. 
It's has a pretty neutral palate, so anything goes. 

The Secretary 
This beautiful Pottery Barn Secretary,
I purchased off Craigslist for 1/3 of the price!
The seller listed it and within 30 minutes,
we were on our way to pick it up.
I'd been looking for this exact piece and knew it wasn't in the budget.
When it came on Craigslist, I knew it was a gift from God.
I'm SO glad I purchased it.
I love having an office in the kitchen, a place to store paperwork
and get the junk mail off the countertops.
Plus, I can work on my computer and still see the kids play outside. 


 
So much FUN decorating the shelves.
It always takes me a while to get the look I want.
My Process:
Move something... step back... look... move it again... step back... look... and so it goes. 
The process is slow and methodical,
but usually evolves into what I had envisioned.

If I can't get it right, I look at magazines and see what the experts do!
Copying is the greatest form of flattery... right? 
 I thought I would use only office supplies or kitchen items,
 but decided to grab lots of different items from around the house. 
 Our Entry 
I used a chalkboard purchased at Home Depot HERE.
It's already painted with chalk paint and less then $7.00!  
Using Burlap Ribbon from Hobby Lobby,
(I always use the 40% off coupon on the store app)

I stapled it to the edge, making a rustic frame.
I'm NOT an artist, so please ignore the chalk writing.
My desire was to write a quote that was seasonal and inspirational.
It's important to not only be thankful for our own family,
but the ones we support in other nations.
I like to displayed their pictures as a reminder of what we can be thankful for
and to pray for them daily. 
Every Entry Way needs a place to put the mail. 


My beautiful sister made me a Paper Wreath for Christmas.
I LOVE it!
It gets better with age too. 
The Table  

An Autumn table is not complete without pumpkins and candles.

Both the table and chandelier were purchased at the Pottery Barn Sidewalk Sale.
They cost $149.00 combined.
At the regular sales price, they would  have been $2,300.00!
Oh how I LOVE good deals.
Thanksgiving Tree
This year, I decided to make a Thankgiving Tree.
A place to write what we are thankful for.
The tree decal I purchased HERE and I've been waiting to use it.
This was the perfect spot!
We printed leaves off the computer and wrote what we are grateful for.
I purchased the 'Give Tahnks' decal at Hobby Lobby. 
 





I hope this gives you a little inspiration for this wonderful season!
 I can't believe Thanksgiving almost here.
It's going to be EXTRA special this year
as my birthday is on Thanksgiving Day.
What a great way to spend a birthday!

Cheers, Debsx 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Can you come and decorate my house....when we have one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Deborah - truly gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doots, you just continue to amaze me! When is the next PB sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I'm not sure when it is? They don't announce it, so you have to keep calling the store to find out. I'll call this week. I have a feeling they will do it after Christmas, when all the new items come out and they have to get rid of their floor sets. I'll keep you posted!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...