Friday, August 5, 2011

Fresh & Easy Meals: Our Story





(May 2006 - Picture taken the day William was born )

Mr. Giles Story: 
I have been addicted to food all my life. 
My biggest weight was 270 pounds. 
I needed help and didn't know what to do. 
Someone turned me onto a weight lose plan that required me to 
portion out my food and cut out all sugar and most carbohydrates.
 I was so desperate, I decided to try it! 
The portion controlled meal plan totally worked! 
The weight began to fall off and after 3 months, 
I got down to my goal weight of 198 pounds! 


AFTER Daniel's weight lose. William was 6 months old in this picture.

My Story: 
Three years ago, my husband needed to loose weight. 
This was made VERY clear after a Doctor's Appointment 
where the doctor informed Mr. Giles that he was OBESE. 
At the time, we had been married for 4 years. 
He's was 25 years old, 6'2 tall and carried his extra weight pretty well. 
If you saw him, you would think he needed to loose a few pounds 
but you would NEVER think he was OBESE!  
We attributed his weight gain to eating "AMERICAN SIZE" potions, 
a stressful job and gaining sympathy weight with me during my pregnancies. 













After he started the program, I was so amazed by the results!  In order for him to keep the weight off, I had to learn to cook healthy, low carb, portioned-controlled meals that tasted JUST AS GOOD as our regular meals. 
I did a lot if research and created many recipes and meal plans. 

Since it was working for Daniel, I decided to help others create lasting change in their lives  by creating fresh and easy meals in the go. My sister and I started a fresh food delivery business two years ago called 'Fresh and Easy Meals' and it TOOK OFF! We were making between 600-900 meals a week and catering for over 15 people weekly. It was a great idea and we loved it! Unfortunately, my sister had to stop working in the business. So, I took on full ownership of the business and ran it for about 8 months alone. Until, January 2010 when I became pregnant with our third child and knew I couldn't keep the business going. I shut down 'Fresh and Easy Meals' in February 2010. 
Since then, I've had numerous people ask me about the meal plan, recipes, cost, etc. I'm not able to run the business at this moment, I thought it would be GREAT to create a blog page, giving people the tools and information to help them make Fresh and Easy Meals












One of my recipes: Chicken Curry with Roasted Tomatoes and Cauliflower Mash. 

Please continue to look at my site, I will include items like:

  • Diet Details: What are the specifics of the diet?
  • Seasonal Menus
  • Detailed Shopping Lists: including where to shop and cost breakdown
  • Weekly Recipes: created to go with what's fresh and in season
Looking forward to giving you all the knowledge I have and helping you loose the weight you desire. 

Cheers! Until we meet again,
Debsx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...